Encore Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madmike's rp help

2 posters

Go down

Madmike's rp help Empty Madmike's rp help

Post by Madmike34455 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Salutations Encore Championship Wrestling. My name is Madmike34455, and I'm going to take you through the basic tips for role playing.

ROLEPLAYING

Now, I know it sounds useless but quite frankly, if you read the amount of effort and quality produced in our Roleplays these recent days, or lack of roleplays in this case, they aren't up to standard to reach higher fed levels. Don't take this as an insult. broaden upon it , improve upon yourself. Everyone can change their style. Its if you obtain the commitment to do so. In saying that, let us begin.

Creating The Scene

Now, I know this may be something difficult for some people. But I'll simplify it. Easily done. Take this example for example.

''Mike iz seen wlking dwn a hallway. he waits ther 4 sum tyme, b4 movin on.''

This sentence lacks proper grammar, and has repeatedly misspelled words. Always check that everything is spelled as it should be. Rare mistakes will always be made, but there is an edit button located at the top right corner of your screen for a reason guys.
Also, it lacks description. You don't have to OVER detail it, but inputting reasonable amounts of description may make your piece of writing more interesting, if you make an effort to do all of this. It should sound anything similar to this.

''Mike is seen pacing down the hallway briskly. He pauses for a moment, as some clearly audible sound shocks him, his facial expressions not showing it, but his instinctive movement suggested his startle to be true.''

You got it? Quick tip too. don't add text language, the gm and vgms hate editing it for you.

Moving on to something more important, that every Roleplay needs.

YOUR CHARACTER'S WORDS

Saying things during a roleplay is important, mostly because you will always need to say something, since its about you. Even if your character is silent, others may need to speak. The capability to do as such is crucial, which is why I'm running this down with you, now. Here is an example of what you should not be doing.

madmike34455: I am going to bet you tonight, you think you will win? meet me in the ring and we will see who is right.

Now, I can analyze heaps of incorrect things in all of this. First off, the name is lowercase, not capital. Now, in general English rule, all names/places, etc. have capital letters to start them. Also, Some improper grammar is placed. Capital letters are only supposed to be used for a title name, someone's name, or yours, after full stops, question marks, and/or exclamation marks.
Now, after that is done, you're probably going to ask, well Mike, how DO I make it longer? I've stated EVERYTHING.
Well, technically, yes, you have.
HOWEVER, You can drag it on. You know, say why this is going to happen, when it is going to happen, even how it is going to happen, etc.
Like This.

Madmike34455: I am going to beat you tonight, plain and simple. Lets face it, Ive beaten you three times. What's the point? Its only another going to be another fail for you. It has happened 3 times already John. Kick, 1..2..3. You're honestly asking for it, but, I suppose you just want to get in the ring with me since I am so great.. Haha, I accept. Just don't be too depressed when the record has risen to 4.

See how that is much longer? More detail, that is what the fed is looking for.

Also, just a quick note. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK CONSTANTLY.
Everyone does, you never know if something doesn't make sense. And if the fed unintentionally adds the segment in a live show, our ratings wont be as good as what they might have been is the roleplay made more sense or didn't have mistakes.

Thank you for your time, I hope this helps you write better roleplays from now on.

Madmike34455
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

Madmike's rp help Empty Re: Madmike's rp help

Post by Laguna Maruko Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:15 am

Very informative, madmike! This should help some of the new guys to roleplaying!

Laguna Maruko
GM Moderator
GM Moderator

https://encorewrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Madmike's rp help Empty Re: Madmike's rp help

Post by Madmike34455 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Thank you Laguna, hope so.

Madmike34455
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down